Our Journey to Bring Our Son Home . . .


May 17, 2009



Let me first address the obvious. After receiving an email from our agency on Friday, I feel that the fears stemming from the Swine Flu will slow down travel to China. To say we are frustrated and disappointed is beyond an understatement at this point. However, I also understand the concern for children with health conditions. I pray this will not be the case, and we will have travel approval in two weeks. After a good cry today, I’ve decided to shift gears a bit during this difficult period of waiting. Russ and I plan to deliver medical supplies to New Day when we travel. Several people have asked how they can help or what we need for Brett. Our deepest desire at this point is to help support New Day. This is Brett’s home and Brett’s family. Please prayfully consider helping us collect the following items:

Liquilytes Powder Mix
Aerochambers with Pediatric mask
Povidone Iodine
Children’s Fluoride Rinse
Atrovent Nebulizers
Cefaclor Suspension
Zithromax Suspension
Aquaplast Splinting Material
Dr Smith's Diaper Ointment
3cc oral syringes
Pulmicort nebulizers
Infant liquid vitamins with iron
Tussin CF
Antibiotic ear drops for kids
Antibiotic eye drops for kids

When donating medicine, please check the expiration date, so that New Day can get one year of use out of it.

On another note, we met with an intern traveling for the third time to New Day. It was so wonderful to hear Jovanna speak of the love shown to Brett and the other children. We are so grateful for Jovanna and the many other volunteers who give so much of themselves for these children.

Finally, we hope all Moms had a wonderful Mother’s Day! I was spoiled with flowers and a Mother’s Day Tea Party at Abigail’s school.

Blessings!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Hi Cindy,

I'm right there with you!! As for the May families with our agency, last I heard they are traveling as scheduled on May 21st and have CAs. I guess with The CC@A not really making a uniform statement, we all have to take the attitude of 'time will tell'. Our agency still says to plan on traveling in June, but it's something I'll believe when I'm on the plane:-). Trying to remind myself His timing is perfect, and I'm just so thankful our kiddos are at New day while we wait.

Sending prayers and hugs,
Tami

MJ said...

Tami is so right. His timing is perfect.... He already knew this swine flu was going to come, so He's not surprised. He knows your travel date, and I pray you'll seek comfort in his Word while you wait these last few months! Perhaps weeks!

Yes, we are all so blessed to have our kiddos there at New Day. We are probably the handful of all of the adoptive families in the world that are so blessed as to see our kids on a weekly or more basis.

I feel like Evan has two families at the moment! It sure makes the wait easier.