Our Journey to Bring Our Son Home . . .


June 25, 2009

We are now in Beijing

After a long flight, we are now in Beijing. After working on the luggage for about an our to make sure each bag was under the 50 pound mark, Cindy has now re-organized each of the three bags so that it contains the proper items - our clothes, the New Day donation, and Brett's clothes.

Apparently, I shifted too much of the items between the bags to even out the weight that I messed with Cindy's OCD tendencies.

When we head out for Brett's home orphanage, I guess I will have to shift things around again. This time it should be much easier because the New Day donations will have already been delivered.

For those that followed us on our trip to get Chloe, I posted some pictures of our flight over the North Pole. This time, I didn't take any pictures as it was just too bright outside the plane. With the summer solstice just passing, it is light 24 hours a day, so all that would have been seen is ice.

I will have to say that Continental's in flight entertainment system was a great way to pass the day. It had a selection of about 240 different movies - some old and quite a few new - plus a large number of prime time shows.

As far as we know, our entire flight passed through the N1H1 medical screens without any issues. That was our biggest fear that someone on the plane would be sick causing others, including us to be placed into quarantine.

Tomorrow, we are off to New Day Foster Home to meet Brett. We will post pictures in our next update.

Russ

11 comments:

The Lucky Ones said...

Can you even believe you are in the same city as your son?!! FINALLY!!! Can't wait for tomorrow. Post asap!

Love from the whole fam,

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I'm soo excited to see you guys again!!!!! Brett is super excited too! Everyday this week I have been telling him your mom and dad are coming Friday and he says "yea" in his cute little voice and adorable smile!!

See you tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! So glad you're in China!

Mandi said...

Oh my gosh, I am so excited you made it safely and without H1N1 issues. I cannot wait to see Brett united with his forever family tomorrow. If you get a glimpse of Drew would you tell him we love him and will be there just as soon as we can.

Love
Mandi

Jen said...

Woo hoo! So glad that you are there! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to read more!

Tami said...

Praise the Lord your flight was uneventful(minus the luggage issues..too funny;-), and got past the H1N1 protocols...woo hoo!! It must feel so good to finally be there!!!! Enjoy!!

OX~Tami

MJ said...

Oh my gosh!!! We are SO excited. The kids and I are following your journey. We have been praying for your safety, especially with the H1N1 flu.

Have a wonderful, sweet time seeing your son for the first time.

If you see Evan running around, give him hug for us. I can't wait til it's our turn!

Thanks for blogging and letting all of us follow your journey.

Molly
Evan's (Forest) mom

Irena said...

YES!! CAn't wait for your next post!!

The Lewises said...

Ooh, I got chills reading the Brett is waiting for you. Congrats on a a successful flight over, and we'll be watching for your next post!!! Kevin, Caroline, Emily and David

The Lucky Ones said...

The wait is killing me! I can't wait to hear about the first moment you met your son!

Karen BeTheChange said...

I'm beside myself with this anticipation! Enjoy every moment! This has been SUCH a long time coming.