Our Journey to Bring Our Son Home . . .


March 19, 2009

Bittersweet Birthdays

Sorry for my lack of blogging and absence online, but I had a bad case of pneumonia. After five nights in the hospital (including my birthday), I'm thrilled to be home. Luckily, my parents, neighbors, and church family have been taking care of us. Russ and the girls have never been fed so well!
Brett's birthday is also quickly approaching. It will be another bittersweet birthday for us as we continue to wait for our LOA and TA from China. Nevertheless, we will celebrate. As with the girls, we will remember our blessings, inlcuding Brett's birth family and his family at New Day. Happy Brithday sweetie!

We packed his presents up this week. Here is a clip of the girls singing "Happy Birthday" to their brother:

3 comments:

Tami said...

Hi

I'm Tami, Sophie's (Cheryl)
mom:-). What a wonderful birthday package...and what precious sisters Brett will have. Praying for a speedy process for you all.

God bless!
~Tami

Heather said...

Brett is adorable! I love seeing these beautiful boys (and girls) coming home to Florida:) Best wishes for a speedy process to your son!
Heather (FL)

The Lewises said...

Happy Birthday, Brett! I think you should throw a party here so we can keep you positive. It's certainly going to be a hard day for you. Like we agreed, we adoptive moms have BTDT. And the video of the girls singing is just TOO CUTE!! :D Love, Caroline, Kevin, Emily, David